Main requirements for file submissions
- The PDF file must be designed in the Press Quality, version 1.4 (compatible with Acrobat 5).
- It is recommended to use our joboption which is available both on our Hotline and FTP servers. The PDF file must be Composite and may only contain vector or raster objects in CMYK colours and/or PMS (Pantone Matching System) SPOT colours. The PDF file must contain crop marks for cutting, folding, creasing and perforating.
- The trim size must be centred both horizontally and vertically to the PDF file size and with 3 mm bleeds on all edges.
- Image resolution – 300 dpi.
Open-type file requirements for final layouts
- All fonts used in the document must be converted to curves (Convert Fonts/Text to Curves/Outlines).
- For files where it is impossible to convert text to curves, fonts must be compressed in a ZIP file and attached in a separate folder.
- All referred objects/images must be attached (TIFF or EPS).
- Crop marks shall indicate the places of folding, creasing and perforation. The size of a document shall correspond to the trim size with bleeds (3 mm) extending outside the trimmed area.
Additional requirements for preparing files for final and unfinished layouts
final layout file may only contain vector or raster objects in CMYK
colours and/or PMS SPOT colours.
background or images fill the page up to its edges, the final layout
needs 3 mm bleeds.
final layouts, trim specifications shall be included in the file and
must be defined as the SPOT colour (the recommended name of the
colour – trim) and with an enabled Overprint setting.
final layouts, the UV coating specifications shall be submitted in a
separate file of the same size with precise disposition and 100 %
black colour, or as a Spot colour with enabled overprint.
final layouts, according to the default setting, 100% black colour
is set for overprint, however, if that is not required, it should be
specified prior to printing.
final layouts with other PMS SPOT colours, overprints shall be
defined manually as and where needed.
must be in TIFF or EPS formats, and no compression or DCS may be
used for files. Images must be prepared in CMYK (300 dpi), Grayscale
(300 dpi) or Bitmap (1200 dpi) colour coding.
may be enlarged or reduced by no more than 15%. No transparent
objects may be left in the files (Drop Shadow, Transparency). The
must be converted into raster objects.
documents shall be included in a single PDF document with
consecutive pages. If any page differs in size (offcuts, inserts,
covers with spines), it shall be submitted in a seperate file.
width for objects shall be at least 0.07 mm or 0.2 pt.
in final layouts including embedded documents shall be cleared of
all unnecessary settings.
the final layouts are submitted for printing, we prepare print sheet
layouts, however, for orders where we prepare only films, sheet
layouts are made upon agreement.
total ink coverage may not exceed 300 %.
unnecessary use of colour profiles. Their use and purpose shall be
specified at the moment of submitting files.
must be embedded in a PDF document and everything must be in
we use Apple Macintosh computers, we can only accept open-type
layouts designed on Windows computers in CorelDraw X3 (v13) format.
separation as a standard is done by using colour angles: Cyan 165,
Magenta 45, Yellow 90, Black 105. Spot colour 105. If any angle is
required to be changed for some particular print work, it shall be
specified prior to printing.